Whisky som betalingsmiddel for gammel gæld...!

More
19 years 5 months ago #2574 by Duffer
DEPRESSED THIEF STOLE WHISKY TO REPAY DEBT

A Chard woman stole four bottles of whisky in a desperate bid to pay off a man who had lent her money. Ruth Patricia Rice, aged 27, was seen taking the bottles on CCTV in the Somerfield store in Chard and she was detained outside.

Rice of Bondfield Way admitted stealing the alcohol, worth £63.96, when she appeared before South Somerset magistrates.

David King, prosecuting, said Rice was seen to enter the store and leave without paying for the four bottles last Thursday at 6.30pm.

"She was detained outside but the goods were already gone and she was arrested," he said.

Rice said a man had lent her some money and wanted her to repay him.

"He said I could pay him back with alcohol or he would cause trouble for my family, so I just panicked and stole the whisky," she said.

She suffered from manic depression and had not been taking medication at the time.

She was discharged from the court on condition she commits no further offences during the next six months.

She was also ordered to pay compensation of £63.96 to Somerfield. No order was made for costs.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #2575 by hysse
Når man "hugger" tekst som denne, skal man vel lige være opmærksom på ophavsretten??? I det mindste kunne man jo give en kildeangivelse - men umiddelbart ser det ud som om, at denne tekst er "tyvstjålet" fra en avis hjemmeside, der med garanti er beskyttet under loven om ophavsret!

Nu tvivler jeg dog på, at en avis vil komme med bål og brand på grund af lige præcis denne tekst - men der kunne være andre situationer.

Slainthe

Hysse

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds