Ardbeg vil fremover ikke sende ud af UK

More
13 years 3 months ago #22574 by Duffer
I et tidligere indlæg blev det beskrevet hvordan man som medlem af Ardbeg Committee lovligt (med dansk afgift, skat og moms) kan få sendt flasker fra UK til Danmark.
Det ser ud til at være slut.

Amendment to our shipping rules
Due to tax rules "“ and with immediate effect and enormous regret "“ we are unable to ship whisky to Committee Members in certain countries. Joining Canada and the United States in a ‘state of denial' are the following EU countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.

As this situation is beyond Ardbeg's control, we hope the Committee will understand our predicament and continue to enjoy their Ardbeg with as much gusto as ever. And if you can't find our main range (Ardbeg Ten Years Old, Ardbeg Uigeadail or Ardbeg Corryvreckan) in your local shop, ask them why not! If this situation changes, please be assured that the Committee will be the first to know!

If this situation changes, please be assured that the Committee will be the first to know!

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #22575 by BigMac
Hvad skete der lige med varers frie bevægelighed som var en af grundideerne ved fællesmarkedets grundlæggelse?

Fandme flot, EU... lad os få nedlagt Europas forenede stater, hellere i går end i dag...også af andre grunde end jeg ikke kan få mine Committee bottlings :x

/c

So many malts - so little time...

themaltdesk.blogspot.com/

More
13 years 3 months ago #22578 by Duffer
Pär Caldenby, som udover at være destilleriejer og skribent også er jurist, har beskrevet situation på BF.

"In order to be entirely fair to the EU, it has to be said that it is a majority of the member states themselves, who refuse to let go of a major cash cow: duty levied goods (alcohol, tobacco, fuels) and the revenue from them. The former "circulation directive" and the current one are (MAJOR) exceptions to the fundamental principle of the free movement of goods. That is, the movement is free, with the goods being possible to ship, even to countries like my own (Sweden), where there is a retail monopoly on alcohol. However, duty (and VAT) shall be paid in the country of destination, when there is a so called "distance sale" (mail order, basically). That is where the red tape Hell starts, with the same principles across the EU, but different agencies for each country and all will require a local agent to represent you for tax returns etc.

But let's be fair and put the blame where it should lie - on our own greedy governments. The EU Commission has long wanted to get rid of this exception to the free movement of goods. But the majority of especially the big member states will decide. The UK is one big member state, with a very high duty..."

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

More
13 years 3 months ago #22579 by BigMac

Pär Caldenby, som udover at være destilleriejer og skribent også er jurist, har beskrevet situation på BF.

"In order to be entirely fair to the EU, it has to be said that it is a majority of the member states themselves, who refuse to let go of a major cash cow: duty levied goods (alcohol, tobacco, fuels) and the revenue from them. The former "circulation directive" and the current one are (MAJOR) exceptions to the fundamental principle of the free movement of goods. That is, the movement is free, with the goods being possible to ship, even to countries like my own (Sweden), where there is a retail monopoly on alcohol. However, duty (and VAT) shall be paid in the country of destination, when there is a so called "distance sale" (mail order, basically). That is where the red tape Hell starts, with the same principles across the EU, but different agencies for each country and all will require a local agent to represent you for tax returns etc.

But let's be fair and put the blame where it should lie - on our own greedy governments. The EU Commission has long wanted to get rid of this exception to the free movement of goods. But the majority of especially the big member states will decide. The UK is one big member state, with a very high duty..."

ja, vi (landene) vil godt være med i klubben (EU), men vi vil bare ikke rette os efter reglerne...så hvorfor have klubben til at begynde med??...afskaf istedet klubben...

/c

So many malts - so little time...

themaltdesk.blogspot.com/

More
13 years 3 months ago #22582 by karlejnar
Hvis man ikke vil overholde reglerne i klubben, må konsekvensen vel være at melde sig ud eller blive ekskluderet ;)

I øvrigt synes jeg det er lidt af en overreaktion at opløse klubben, det er da bedre at blive, og så bruge kræfterne på at "banke" medlemmerne på plads. Nå ja - men så skal vi jo banke os selv ;)

Måske skulle vi i stedet melde os ud af Ardbeg Commitee i protest, og se om det får dem til at ændre mening.

Eller man kunne jo bede dem om at gemme flaskerne til senere afhentning, eller sende til en c/o-adresse indenfor UK.

Slàinte
Karl Ejnar
Jeg er ikke samler - blot lidt bagud med at drikke ;-)

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds