Ardmore Traditional hos Kvicky

More
16 years 1 month ago #14841 by Duffer
Ny i sortimentet over supermarked whisky og i denne uge (uge 13 - 2008) på tilbud i Kvickly og Kvickly X-tra.
Ardmore - den røgede Speysider - Traditional Cask - på 46%.
Pris; 269 DKK for 0.7 Liter

Smagsnoter fra Whisky-Pages
"Ardmore, Traditional Cask (Scotland)
Ardmore distillery is located at Kennethmont, on the eastern fringes of Speyside, and for far too long almost all of the single malt from this large, eight-still plant has disappeared into the Teacher's Highland Cream blend. Formerly owned by Allied Distillers, Ardmore is now part of Beam Global Spirits & Wine Inc, and as this whisky has long been a personal favourite, it is very pleasing to see an innovative ‘house' bottling appear on the market. Ardmore enjoys a comparatively high level of peating for a Speyside whisky, and Traditional Cask has been matured initially in ex-Bourbon barrels and hogsheads before receiving a second period of maturation in hand-made quarter casks. This bottling carries no age statement, but the small, quarter casks are a proven way of adding maturity to spirit because of the higher level of contact with the wood. Smoked haddock and butter on the nose, plus sweet, fruity malt and spices. Sweet and initially creamy on the palate, spices, peat smoke, tobacco and vanilla emerge and blend together. Water releases ripe fruits and accentuates the peat. The finish is long and mellow. An excellent balance of sweetness and smoke. Speyside whisky as it used to be!"

"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Attachments:

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #15455 by tdh
Replied by tdh on topic Ardmore Traditional hos Kvicky
Hentede et par flasker i den lokale Kvickly og synes den faktisk er helt ok til prisen. De har haft den på tilbud et par gange nu. Jeg vil dog sige at skulle jeg give de 359,- den normalt koster, så ville jeg hellere smide pengene i en 10 årig Laphroaig. Købte også et par flasker Aberlour A'bunah ifm. en smagning i Kvickly til sølle 299,- pr. flaske. Den er god.

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds