"¢ American oak casks - Bourbon
"¢ An Turas Mor - Gaelic for The Great Journey
"¢ 40ppm
"¢ Non chill filtered
"¢ No artificial colouring
"¢ Bottled on Islay

Jim McEwan's Tasting Notes:

Colour: Gilded Lily

Body: There is a brilliant creaminess in the texture of the spirit which imparts an evenness of flavours across the palate and helps to cool the peat fire warmth which is arousing all sorts of Islay's Celtic Passion. It's a spirit with strong character and absolute honesty. Nothing added and nothing taken -which makes this a unique single malt.

Nose / Palate: I love the range of aromatics that rise from the glass, almost as one, to greet you. The peaty smokiness together with the vanilla sweetness from the Bourbon casks is truly magical. This is followed by a real spicy black pepper and lemon spiciness twist, then little wavelets of saltiness ripple over the palate like an incoming tide, accompanied by flavours and aromas of Islay's heather moor botanicals and ancient pine forests. Waiting patiently to emerge is nutmeg, cinnamon, wild mint and the fantastic malty sweetness of spring barley. Together they create a magical tapestry woven together like the threads of an Islay tweed.

Kilde: RMW

"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Attachments:

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #21677 by Springbank21
Sidder og skriver fra edinburgh lufthavn,lige ankommet fra Islay. Min bror ogjeg proevede den og ja den er god men ikke en "must have" Den skal jo udfylde pladsen som en PC9 som ikke kommer og det holder den i min mening ikke til... Men ser man bort fra det er det en udemaerket whisky til efteraarets kommen.

Eller en fantastisk tur bortset fra at vi gik glip af Bowmore besoeget som ellers stod i programmet men det kom vi altsaa ikke paa.....

Mvh Torben Springbank21

More
13 years 7 months ago #21678 by Duffer

Den skal jo udfylde pladsen som en PC9 som ikke kommer og det holder den i min mening ikke til... Men ser man bort fra det er det en udemaerket whisky til efteraarets kommen.

Så vidt jeg læser, så er det en NAS (det skulle være en multi-vintage fra PC5 til PC8) og nedvandet til 46% - så der kan være lidt lang vej til at afløse PC8.
Prisen er også en faktor - den koster kun 35 GBP, hvor PC9 i bedste fald kan fås til 64 GBP.

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds