www.Falster Banff

More
14 years 2 months ago #19764 by Duffer
www.Falster Banff was created by Duffer
Vurderet til 90 point af Serge:

Banff 34 yo 1975/2009 (44.1%, Dansk Maltwhisky Akademi - WWW Falster, cask #1490, 109 bottles) Five stars This one is a bottling for our friend Hans-Henrik and his gang of fearless Vikings (as can be seen from the unusual label ;-) ) BTW, WWW means Wild Whisky Weekend, not Wolrd Wide Web. Colour: gold. Nose: Banff! Always a pleasure to try this very peculiar malt whisky, with its greasiness combined with sometimes extreme grassy and mustardy notes. Yet, this one is on the (marginally) gentler side, with quite some vanilla crème and green bananas from the oak (maybe also just touches of coconut), before the rather splendid grassiness unfolds, with notes of green mustard, green tea, dill, chives and leather and finally a combination of roasted chestnut and bacon. Complex and very interesting to follow. Mouth: a tad thinnish just for a short while (unexpected) but then it opens up like a thirsty oyster and becomes extremely ‘Banff', with many teas and many mustards plus all the rather dry spiciness that comes with old age (not only talking about whiskies here, err"¦) But it's all under the control of this big malt that was Banff and the combo works particularly well. Finish: long, with a little more fruity sweetness. Ripe apples and pepper. Comments: excellent. I think beginners should hurry and buy a good bottle of Banff before they're all history. SGP:372 - 90 points. (and thank you Hans-Henrik).

Kilde: Whiskyfun

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #19775 by dmwa
Replied by dmwa on topic www.Falster Banff
ja - vi er svært stolte, også over denne aftapning. Vi har stadig enkelte flasker tilbage, så hvis man ønsker at sikre sig en eller flere, skal man nok ikke vente for længe - man kunne også forestille sig, at der kommer lidt udenlandsk interesse nu.

Vi har generelt været heldige med vore Falster aftapninger - den første Strathisla fik jo ikke mindre end 97 point af Jim Murray i hans whiskybible. Dansk Maltwhisky Akademi aftog 168 flasker, men det var Whisky Doris, der fik "credit" ved at give en sample til Jim Murray. Skal det lige nævnes, at Whisky Doris "kun" aftog de sidste 60 flasker? (Rønnebærrene er sure, sagde ræven).
2010 er jo det 10. WWW Falster, og afholdes i slutningen af uge 42. Vi er allerede ved at få udenlandske foredragsholdere til denne event, og vi har åbnet op for forhånfsreservation af værelser - så er man interesseret i at deltage i dette jubilæums-festfyrværkeri af whisky - så kontakt os.

Slainthe
DANSK MALTWHISKY AKADEMI

Flemming

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds