SMWS - nyt destilleri

More
13 years 5 months ago #21838 by Duffer
SMWS - nyt destilleri was created by Duffer
SMWS har tilføjet endnu et destilleri på deres salgsliste med nummeret 127, som sandsynligvis vil blive et eftertragtet samlerobjekt. Destilleriet er Port Charlotte.
"New Distillery 127
Bottles 127.1 & 127.3 will be available to buy over the telephone on
Fri 1 Oct from 10am - one bottle per member."

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #21920 by Duffer
Replied by Duffer on topic SMWS - nyt destilleri
Smagsnoter fra Gordon:

127.3 (Port Charlotte , 8yo , 1 of 235 , Refill Bourbon Barrel , 67% ) 'Beach BBQ for older boy scouts' - Bright Gold in colour , very oily in the glass and initially prickly on the nose , quite smoky at full strength with a sweetness . Wow , incredibly hot on the palate at first , lots of toffee sweetness , smoke and quite coastal . The finish is long sweet with a peatiness that i only associate with PC . This is very drinkable at Full Strength but seeing it's 67% i'll give it a go with Water...... Obviously it can take quite a bit of water , it brings out a bit of medicinalness on the nose and .....nettles ! The palate is still toffee sweet but definitely becomes more medicinal with sea air / seashore taste . A very pleasant release ! Not as good as 127.1 from what i remember , need to have a good play around with putting water in it to find the right balance and also try it up against the Distillery releases . Comparing it with the 2 Port Charlottes i have shares in , it's not as good as the 2001 1st fill Barrel but is definitely better than the 2002 2nd fill Sherry Hogshead (which still has a long way to go imo....) .

Kilde: Spiritofislay

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds