WhiskyLive 2006 London

More
18 years 4 months ago #7266 by Mickey
Er der mon nogen som kan oplyse mig om velegnede natlogi i nærheden af The Lawrence Hall & Conference centre, hvor whiskylive skal afholdes d. 3. og 4. marts?

Jeg har entre-billetter og fly-rejse i orden, men mangler lige natlogiet.
Hvis andre skal fra Billund fredag middag, kan vi gøre følgeskab?

Med venlig hilsen
Michael Johansen

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #7268 by Duffer
Replied by Duffer on topic WhiskyLive 2006 London
Vi var en flok afsted i år - så hvis du kan acceptere en 10-15 minutters gang kan www.huttons-hotel-london.co.uk/
anbefales.
Det er forholdsvis billigt og ligger Belgrave Road, som igen ligger 7 - 10 minutters gang fra Victoria Station.
Al og MacC boede der til rimelige penge - desværre havde jeg valgt et mindre komfortabelt hotel nær Kings Cross. :cry:
Jeg har sidenhen boet på et andet hotel på Belgrave Road, men mener Huttons er et godt valg.

Vi tager til Limburg i april, så WhiskyLive bliver nok ikke aktuelt :?

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

More
18 years 3 months ago #7345 by Mickey
Replied by Mickey on topic WhiskyLive 2006 London
Tak for informationen - jeg har booked det. Jeg overvejede BestWestern Corona lidt derfra, da jeg kender nogle som brugte det her i år - men da er prisen ca. det dobbelte.

Med venlig hilsen
Michael Johansen

More
18 years 3 months ago #7375 by Duffer
Så er de første tre Masterclasses blevet offentliggjort på WhiskyLives hjemmeside.

Fredag;

Diageo Special Releases 05/06
Presented by Jim Beveridge and Kenny Gray.
A nosing and tasting of a selection of natural cask strength limited edition bottlings from the latest Special Releases from Diageo, all but two from long closed distilleries, led by Oban Distillery manager Kenny Gray and whisky

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Friday 3:30 - 4:30

Mackmyra Swedish Whisky
Details to be confirmed.

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Friday 5:00 - 6:00

Lørdag;

Talisker Vertical Nosing & Tasting
Presented by Charlie Smith and Douglas Murray.
A vertical tasting of the complete selection of currently available Talisker bottlings led by distillery manager Charlie Smith and distilling expert Douglas Murray. Beginning with Talisker new make spirit work your way through the multi-award winning Talisker 10 year old, the recently released 18 year old, the Amoroso cask-wood finished Distillers edition, the 175th Anniversary Bottling and the most recent release of Talisker 25 year old.

Room 1 - Capacity 40
Saturday 1:00 - 2:00

www.whiskylive.com/england/londo ... lasses.php

More
18 years 2 months ago #7692 by Duffer
WhiskyLive Masterclass - opdatering...

www.whiskylive.com/england/londo ... lasses.php

Friday Masterclasses
L06MC1FRI - Classic Malts Special Releases 05/06
Presented by Jim Beveridge and Kenny Gray.
A nosing and tasting of a selection of natural cask strength limited edition bottlings from the latest Classic Malts Special Releases from Diageo, all but two from long closed distilleries, led by Oban Distillery manager Kenny Gray and whisky

Room 1 - Capacity 45

L06MC5FRI - Chivas Brothers
Title and speaker to be confirmed

Room 2 - Capacity 70

L06MC2FRI - Mackmyra Swedish Whisky
Introducing the first Swedish single malt bottling ever, Angela Forsgren D'Orazio from Mackmyra will present Preludium:01 for the first time to an international audience. Discussing the aspect of whisky making in such a northerly latitude in a unique tasting with rare samples of Mackmyras cave matured whisky from Sweden.

Room 1 - Capacity 45

L06MC6FRI - Highland Park
Details to be confirmed

Room 2 - Capacity 70

L06MC3FRI - Glenfiddich Vintages from 30 to 50 years old
Join Chief Brand Ambassador, Ian Miller, for this extraordinary Glenfiddich tasting. You will discover 5 single casks which have yet to be bottled (1955, 1958, 1966, 1973 and 1976) and a 30-year-old which has come straight out of a Marrying Tun!

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Friday 6:30 - 7:30

L06MC7FRI - Whyte & Mackay

Room 2 - Capacity 70
Friday 6:30 - 7:30

L06MC4FRI - Making sense of whisky
Whisky Magazine Editor Dominic Roskrow explains some of whisky's mysteries: what do independent bottlers do, where do supermarkets get their whisky from, why is Scotch different to Irish or American whiskey, what do whisky labels tell us etc? Plus a chance to sample a selection of Dominic's favourite whisky and to ask him questions.

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Friday 8:00 - 9:00

Saturday Masterclasses

L06MC1SAT - Old Pultney
Presented by Old Pulteney's distillery manager.
Further details of the Old Pulteney ‘Voyage of discovery' masterclass will be posted shortly.

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Saturday 11:30 - 12:30

L06MC5SAT - Glenmorangie

Room 1 - Capacity 70
Saturday 11:30 - 12:30

L06MC6SAT - The Japanese Experience - Yamazaki Whisky
Japanese Whisky has made a tremendous impact on the world stage, with Yamazaki leading the way. Discover the unique production process and sample Yamazaki in different age statements, including a special whisky matured in Mizunara oak. Join Dr. Inatomi, former chief blender of Suntory and Colin Dunn of Morrison Bowmore Distillers for what promises to be a unique tasting!

Room 1 - Capacity 45

L06MC2SAT - Classic Malts Talisker Vertical Nosing & Tasting
Presented by Charlie Smith and Douglas Murray.
A vertical tasting of the complete selection of currently available Talisker bottlings led by distillery manager Charlie Smith and distilling expert Douglas Murray. Beginning with Talisker new make spirit work your way through the multi-award winning Talisker 10 year old, the recently released 18 year old, the Amoroso cask-wood finished Distillers edition, the 175th Anniversary Bottling and the most recent release of Talisker 25 year old.

Room 1 - Capacity 70

L06MC3SAT - A Walk in the Woods
We know that oak is important in whisky ... but how does it contribute to the flavour of the final dram? Dave Broom renowned whisky writer, leads you into the woods where you'll discover what happens when different species of oak come in contact with whisky. You may be surprised!

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Saturday 2:30 - 3:30

L06MC7SAT - From blender's favourite to connoisseur's delight
John Ramsay the malt whisky master and John Sutherland, The Glenrothes distillery manager, team up to tell the Glenrothes story and what they are currently developing for the increasing numbers of appreciative connoisseurs.

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Saturday 2:30 - 3:30

L06MC4SAT - Whisky & Chocolate
Whisky and chocolate"¦ a fascinating matching pair presented by another matching pair; Whisky Magazine journalist Martine Nouet and chocolate designer Michel Richart, had fun marrying four whiskies with some of the «Luxuriance » exclusive chocolates, from seven aromatic families. They also found interesting divorces!

Room 1 - Capacity 45
Saturday 4:00 - 5:00

L06MC8SAT - Glenfiddich Vintages from 30 to 50 years old
Join Chief Brand Ambassador, Ian Miller, for this extraordinary Glenfiddich tasting. You will discover 5 single casks which have yet to be bottled (1955, 1958, 1966, 1973 and 1976) and a 30-year-old which has come straight out of a Marrying Tun!

Room 1 - Capacity 70
Friday 4:00 - 5:00

More
18 years 2 months ago #7693 by Kim_M
Replied by Kim_M on topic WhiskyLive 2006 London
Hvem har allerede besluttet sig for at tage afsted til London i år?
- Der er jo også i Bruxelles senere i marts og Glasgow i september.
Jeg har aldrig været afsted men vil meget gerne.

Kim M.

--
Kim M.

More
17 years 11 months ago #8288 by Boggen
Replied by Boggen on topic WhiskyLive 2006 London
Det er måske ved at være et stykke tid siden - men bedre sent end aldrig - så kan der nu læses en fuld rapport om turen til whisky live i London, inkl. billeder, samt smagsnoter fra masterclasses med Diageo og Glenfiddich på vores hjemmeside www.singlemalt-whisky.dk - klik på på punktet "Whisky Live" i menuen til venstre.

Du har også mulighed for at deltage i en lille konkurrence ;-)

/Bo

More
17 years 11 months ago #8289 by Duffer
Utrolig flot hjemmeside og en meget flot og detaljeret rapport :)

More
17 years 11 months ago #8293 by Boggen
Replied by Boggen on topic WhiskyLive 2006 London
Hej Michael,

Godt at høre positiv respons på vores hjemmeside. Formålet er at videreformidle nogle forholdsvis simple smagsnoter på al den forskellige whisky man går og smager, samt hvad der er hot og hvad der "not".

/Bo

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds